Usually I mention which glass that I used in each bead because these photo collages are for my lampworking notebook. I decided to put the notes in the book this time as I didn't think I had enough space on the photo page!
The jelly beans are for my "Eye-Candy" exchange in the Lampwork Etc. forum and they're inspired by the delicous "Jelly Belly" tm beans ~ my favourite candy!
I've been working on getting a bunch of "Norse style" beads done to Trade at Pennsic 37, this big Medieval camping Event that I'm going to.
I'm trying to base the designs and colours on actual beads that were dug up in archeological finds, but I forgot the pic yesterday so I had to "guestimate"(I know, the bubble dot bead isn't norse...it's just pretty! Every so often I try out a bubble bead. I'll probably focus on them more when I get better control of my dots).
...I've been working on variations on eye beads. I made up two dragon eye beads but one of them broke in the vermiculite. I think I was looking at it too long before I put it away! I'm going to try and re-create the design in my next session because I liked how it was looking!
D'oh! I thought that the flower turned out only "Ok" and I think I'll put flowers on the back-burner for now. I'm having a lot more fun with the eye beads!
The hollow heart was supposed to be a round hollow bead. I started out using med. amber stringer, but I didn't realize it would take more than one rod, so I didn't have one on hand to finish it with. I tried to finish it with the same colour rod. Note to self: Don't do that! It looks like it needs to be the same thickness all over! A good learning experience though... and I like the colour. That's the same tone of actual fossilized amber that I adore!