Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Makeup: "Eddie" from Iron Maiden

'Tweaked

My husband, Chris, was quite the rocker when he was in highschool, and this Halloween, I made a dream come true for him when I painted him up as "Eddie" from Iron Maiden.

The headbangers in ol' St.T approved of my rockin' hubby as he energetically and skillfully beat his drums to the wild funk of his band, "Dave's Not Here".

Chris LIVES for his music and was thrilled to have a comfortable costume like this to wear at his Halloween night Gig.

I couldn't resist making a version of his photo where I tweaked it with Photoshop to give him the proper electric Eddie eyes and wild hair...

(Feel free to click on the pic to get a closer look, or to see more of my Halloween 2008 makeup pics!)

Update: Cool news! I won the Sept./Oct. 2008 monthly contest on the UKfacepainting Convention forum for this painting (I sent in a photo where I hadn't played with the hair and eyes)! They said that they liked my blending and brush control...

3 comments:

Shannon Fennell said...

Wow Merry... love all the art you create... and the glass beads are amazing.

Shannon Fennell said...

Not sure if I identified myself before... but love your artwork Merry and found reading all of your blog very enjoyable!! Shannon

MizMerryMac said...

Aw thanks, Shannon! (*scurries over to look at your blog*)