Saturday, May 17, 2008

Felt Beads: May Creations

Out of bad things can come some good...
My computer "blew up" last weekend and I was without it for a good week.
While I was twiddling my thumbs going quietly insane, I worked on more felt projects.

I created more beads in several styles and further explored my idea of "Geek Chic" Brooches featuring cute and colourful micro-organisms. A couple of those brooches I had started before, but I finished them up and did a couple more.

I like the "Have a Heart" Brooch idea...that definitely invites more exploration and I am rather partial to the "Wings of Love" idea.

The "Pod Bead" at the bottom where I've shown several views uses a number of my favourite design motifs like the spiral, paramecium shape and retro stars. I love the colours and was playing around with distorting the motifs on a marbled bead.

Once I get back on the torch, I'm going to try and re-create some of these looks in Lampworked Glass Beads.

(Now if I can just get my computer tech guy to come back today and put in my video card before we leave for the long weekend, I'll be really happy...)

1 comment:

jodi said...

Mary, these are all amazing, but I especially love the one that looks like a kittycat eyeball. So gorgeous.