Sunday, May 25, 2008

Bodypainting: "Precious Koi"

My friend, Shelna, agreed to let me paint her "baby bump" while I was in Toronto visiting with another mutual friend of ours named 'Tish.


Shelna is about 7 months along and she and her husband know that they are going to be having a baby girl.

Other than sharing what her middle name will be (Kathleen), they are keeping their mouths shut until their baby is born.


I asked Shelna what she would like to have painted on her "bump" and told her about things that other artists had painted in this situation. She chose Koi (large, fancy japanese goldfish), and since we are both the Pieces star sign, I thought that featuring the Koi in that pose would be appropriate.


It was a very relaxing session and I got to hear all about the trials and tribulations of this first time pregnancy -- something that I very much enjoyed since I don't get to see Shelna very often. I don't know if I will make it up for the birth, but I know how much Shelna has wanted a baby, so I hope that everything goes well.

No comments: